Regulation of the Elvis
Presley Plastic Arts Exhibition
a. Inscription up until 20 November 2012;
b. Communication of the Jury decision on the admission of works up until 27 November 2012;
c. Delivery of the admitted works – up until 28 December 2012;
d. Inauguration of the Exhibition on 8 January 2013.
Article 4 - Participation
1. The proposed works for the Elvis Presley Plastic Arts Exhibition are subject to the Jury that might admit or refuse them.
2. The Competition and the Biennial Exhibition will comprehend the following modalities:
a. Ceramics; b. Drawing; c. Sculpture; d. Engraving; e. Painting; f. Mixed technique; g. Tapestry; h. Design; i. Plastic photography; j. Video; k. Installation.
Article 5 – Participation Conditions
1. Each competitor will be able to present, maximum, 2 (two) works;
2. Each competitor will be able to compete in more than one modality;
3. Collective works for the competition will be accepted;
4. The Organization may invite the artists it may want, as it may refuse whomever it may want.
Article 6 – Technical Specifications
1. The works presented for the Competition should be in condition to the exhibited.
2. In case the work to be exhibited demands specific technologies, this should dispose of the necessary means for its realization.
3. In case the work needs some protection, a non breakable material should be used.
4. The Organization will not accept works of poor resistance or sent in precarious conditions.
Article 7 – Identification of Works
1. The works for the Elvis Presley Plastic Arts Exhibition should be dully identified on their back and accompanied of a copy of the Inscription Document where the following information should be given: name, address, telephone number and expressed identification of the artistic name to be presented in the catalogue.
2. In case of Installation, the setting is of the author’s responsibility, as well as all the needed materials for its setting.
Article 10 – Delivery of Works
1. The accepted works on the Elvis Presley Plastic Arts Exhibition should be delivered or sent at the competitors’ expense, to the Casa da Cultura dos Olivais (Rua Conselheiro Mariano de Carvalho, 68, 1800-147 Lisboa, Portugal), up until 3 January 2013.
2. At the moment of the works reception, a copy of the Inscription Document will be signed by the Organization, which will serve as a receipt with which the author may proceed to the subsequent recovery of the work.
Article 11 – Price and Selling of the Works
1. To each work a public selling price should be given by its author, also needed for insurance related issues.
2. The selling of the works will revert on its entirety to the artist who has created them.
Article 12 – Photographic Reproduction
1. The selected works will be photographed by the Organization in order to ensure the reproduction quality.
2. Each author will receive a copy of the Biennial’s catalogue.
Article 13 – Recovery of the Works
1. No exhibited work may be recovered before the end of the Biennial exhibition.
2. The authors compromise themselves to recover their works at the delivery place, up until 30 days after the end of the Exhibition. In case the works are not recovered during the given delay, the Organization reserves the right to give them the destination that it may find suitable.
Article 14 – Authorization of Reproduction
1. The authors authorize the mention of their names and the digital photographic reproduction of their works, in the terms defined by the Organization of the Elvis Presley Plastic Arts Exhibition for the promotion and advertising of the initiative.
Article 15 – Final and Transitory Disposition
1. The omitted or of doubtful interpretation cases will be solved by the Organization of the Elvis Presley Plastic Arts Exhibition.
Article 16 – Commissary and Organization
1. The Comissary of the Elvis Presley Plastic Arts Exhibition is Mr. Henrique Tigo and the Organization is directed by the Casa da Cultura dos Olivais (Telephone: + 351 218 533 527 / Open Hours: Tuesdays until Fridays – 11:00 a.m. – 05:00 p.m. / Saturdays: 03:00 p.m. – 07:00 p.m.)
Article 17 - Contacts
+ 351 913137402 or + 351
Visit Casa da Cultura dos
Olivais on Facebook: