What Now My Love
(Delanoe / Bécaud / Sigman)
French composers P. Delanoe and Gilbert Bécaud wrote What Now My Love in 1962 under the French title Et Maintenant. Carl Sigman later adapted English lyrics to the song. The first U.S. release of What Now My Love was probably Al Martino's in October 1965 (Capitol 5506). In 1966 Kapp Records released Gilbert Bécaud's original version on the LP What Now My Love (Kapp 1353). That same year, Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Band had a million-selling LP titled What Now My Love (A&M SP4114) that contained the popular song of the same title. The single release (A&M 792) peaked at #2 on Billboard's Easy-Listening chart and those by Sonny and Cher (Atco 6395) in 1966 and Mitch Ryder (Dyno Voice 901) in 1967.
Elvis sang What Now My Love in the rehearsal concert (January 12, 1973) for the TV Special Elvis: Aloha From Hawaii, as well as in the special itself, on January 14.
First released on Aloha From Hawaii
- Aloha From Hawaii via Satellite (1973)
- The Greatest Show on Earth (1978) »
- Closing Night (2004) – FTD »
- Summer Festival (2005) - FTD »
- Elvis Live (2006)
- I’ll Remember You (2008) – FTD »
– 3000 South Paradise Road (2012) - FTD »
– Destination U.S.A. (2014) - FTD »
– What Now My Love (2018) - FTD »
- The Monologue LP (1973) -